you need to get started.
- The keys to shipping
The keys to shipping
- The keys to tracking
The keys to tracking
- The keys to billing
The keys to billing
- The keys to what's next
The keys to what's next
- Click any key to begin
united problem solvers™
- UPS® Ground service — Guaranteed, date-scheduled, cost-effective delivery.
- UPS® Domestic Express & Expedited services — Guaranteed time-definite and day-definite delivery, based on your shipment’s destination.
- UPS® International Express & Expedited services — Guaranteed time-definite and day definite delivery to 200 destinations outside the U.S.
- UPS Freight® LTL — Choose our standard service for deliveries within the 48 contiguous states and to and from Canada.
Use new boxes instead of used boxes. Used boxes lose their protective quality over time. Choose strong, corrugated boxes that will hold up. Use your own or order from UPS.
Use protective materials (bubble sheeting or loose-fill materials). Contents should not touch sides of box or move inside packed carton.
Seal openings and seams with pressure-sensitive plastic or nylon-reinforced tape, minimum 2 in / 5.08 cm wide.
Label packages with complete shipping information — such as floor, apartment number, and other information — to help ensure delivery to the right location.
Create a shipment
When your package is ready, take the following steps to send it on its way:
- Determine the dimensions and weight of the package, how quickly you’d like it shipped, the declared value of the package, and how payment will be made.
- Initiate a shipment online with UPS Shipping Technology like UPS Internet Shipping, UPS CampusShip®, or UPS WorldShip®. To arrange an ongoing scheduled pickup or to schedule a one-time pickup, call 1-800-PICK-UPS® (1-800-742-5877) or swing by a convenient UPS dropoff location.
- Create a label for the package, based on your service level selection (UPS Ground service, various UPS air options, or UPS Freight® services).
Whether you’re managing several hundred packages or just a few, we’ll make sure you have everything you need.
- UPS Internet Shipping — Create labels, schedule pickups, send email notifications, and pay online, all from a single interface. You can also set your shipping preferences by logging into your UPS account and selecting the “Shipping” tab at the top of the page. Then, select the “Set Preferences” option in the area on the left. To create a shipment, click here.
- UPS CampusShip® — Centralized control for companies looking to monitor and manage shipping by multiple employees, across multiple locations.
- UPS WorldShip® — A comprehensive, automated global solution for high-volume needs.
Make the most of your money and ship things right:
- Shipping charges will be based on dimensional weight, if dimensional weight is greater than actual weight.
- Packages exceeding 130 inches in length and girth [(2x width) + (2x height)] combined will incur a Large Package Surcharge. Packages exceeding maximum size and weight restrictions are also subject to additional charges.
- Odd-shaped items, residential shipments, and other factors may trigger additional handling charges.
- Hazardous materials require special documentation and handling.
- UPS’s liability is limited to U.S. $100 per domestic package or international shipment without a declaration of value.
UPS Returns® services*
Easy returns make for return customers. Build loyalty and repeat business with easy, hassle-free returns.
- Provide a return label — print and enclose it in your original shipment or make it available on your company's website.
- Email a return label — UPS can email a return label to your customer on your behalf.
- Mail a return label — UPS can mail a printed label to your customer on your behalf.
*Helpful for your customers to easily return or exchange a product.
Choose the best pickup option for your shipping needs.
- UPS Smart Pickup® service — Automatically notifies a UPS driver when you have processed a shipment via a UPS shipping system. Available only in the U.S. For more information, click here.
- Daily Pickup — Driver comes once each business day.
- Daily On-Route Pickup — Driver comes once each business day when making deliveries in your area.
- Day-Specific Pickup — Driver picks up only on days that you specify.
- UPS On-Call Pickup® — To request an unscheduled single or multiple package pickups, call 1-800-PICK-UPS® (1-800-742-5877). You can also request a pickup online here.
Quantum View® technology*
Quantum View® technology helps you and your customers track and manage every shipment.
- Quantum View Notify® — Keep your customers in the know. Send and receive email alerts on outbound shipments.
- Quantum View Manage® — View and download complete inbound and outbound shipping information based on your UPS account number. Create tracking reports to see the information that’s most important to you.
*Helpful for your customers to see all their shipping information in one place.
UPS My Choice® service*
Use the UPS My Choice® service for residential deliveries. It's a great tool for personal shipments or shipments sent to your home-based business. When you or your customer signs up for UPS My Choice® service, we'll send you email, text, or phone alerts that tell you when your package will arrive.
With UPS My Choice® service for eligible packages, you can:
- Provide a digital signature online for easy package delivery.
- Direct packages to The UPS Store® or UPS Access Point™ locations for no additional charge.**
- Schedule a Confirmed Delivery Window (2-hour).**
- Have your package delivered to another address or on another day.**
(Only packages addressed to recipients with the same surname apply.)***
*Helpful for your customers to have complete control over their delivery.
**Transactional charges may apply.
***Additional transportation charges may apply.
UPS Mobile™ *
Stay connected while you're on the go. With UPS Mobile™ app, there's no need to worry about wasted time or missed opportunities. Use your smartphone or any web-enabled mobile device to access UPS My Choice® features to track and ship packages, get a quote, or leave delivery instructions for your driver. We're here to help, even when you're on the move. To download the UPS Mobile™ app from your mobile device, search for “UPS” in iTunes® or Google Play®.
Learn more at:
UPS for iPad App can be downloaded from the App StoreSM (OS 5 or later). Search for "UPS" in the iPad Apps section on your tablet or download the app to your computer through your iTunes® account. Shipping is not available with the iPad app.
*Helpful for your customers to stay in the know, on the go.
UPS Delivery Intercept® service
- With UPS Delivery Intercept® service, you can have domestic shipments you send returned, rerouted, rescheduled for delivery, or held for pickup at a UPS facility.
- Shipments cannot always be intercepted. You will be charged only if the intercept occurs. See how to intercept a shipment here.
UPS Billing Center
You are automatically enrolled in the UPS Billing Center when you become a UPS customer. The Billing Center provides a single online interface where you can view, manage, and pay your UPS invoice.
- Receive automatic notifications of new invoices.
- Pay UPS bills electronically.
- Analyze UPS billing data.
- Dispute charges.
- Consolidate all records related to UPS billing.
Learn more about reading your invoice here.
Grow your business
Tell us the logistics challenge you’re facing—from designing a supply chain to reaching customers and keeping them satisfied. We have solutions, services, and know-how to help you figure it out and get it done. Whatever it is you need, we’re here to help.
UPS CONNECT offers free brainstorm sessions for small businesses. To schedule a meeting with one of our consulting experts, call 1-800-711-5914 or visit here.
Subscribe to UPS email
Be the first to know about new services and new ways to save money. Sign up for UPS email to access free webinars, whitepapers, and research from industry leaders.
UPS Contact Information
UPS Customer Service (U.S.):1-800-PICK-UPS®1-800-742-5877
International Service Center:1-800-782-7892
UPS Technical Support:1-888-553-1118