Welcome to UPS®
Use these keys to unlock helpful information.
Package Properly and Order Supplies
- Use new, strong, corrugated boxes that will hold up.
- Use appropriate protective materials (bubble sheeting or loose-fill materials). Contents should not touch sides of box or move inside packed carton.
- Seal openings and seams with a strong tape such as pressure-sensitive plastic or nylon-reinforced filament.
- Affix label to package using a UPS® document pouch. Don’t have one? Ask the UPS service provider upon pickup, place an order online, or visit a UPS drop-off location.
As a UPS customer, you can order UPS packaging materials free of charge. Select the “Shipping” tab on ups.com and click on "Order Supplies", or call 1-800-PICK-UPS®.
Learn about UPS Shipping Services
- UPS services within Canada – Guaranteed time-definite and day-definite delivery, based on your shipment’s destination.
- UPS services to worldwide destinations – Guaranteed time-definite and day-definite delivery to 220 countries and territories outside of Canada.
Tip – UPS Worldwide Express Freight™ offers guaranteed time-definite delivery of your freight shipments over 150 lb or 68 kg. Need help choosing a service? To compare rates and delivery times, click here.
Check for Special Exceptions
- Shipping charges may be based on dimensional weight (the space the package occupies in the UPS® system) if dimensional weight is greater than actual weight.
- Packages over 70 lb/32 kg, or packages with the longest length exceeding 60 in/152 cm or its second-longest side exceeding 30 in/76 cm may incur extra charges.
- Odd-shaped items, residential shipments, and other factors may trigger additional handling charges.
- Dangerous goods require special documentation and handling.
Create Your Shipping Label
Once your package is prepared, you can initiate a shipment and create a label online by using UPS® Internet Shipping.
- Log into UPS Internet Shipping – You will need to log in using the User ID and Password you entered during account set-up (this is your My UPS login information).
- Fill in the required fields – You will need to know where the shipment is going, the packaging type and weight, the UPS service you would like to use, and how payment will be made.
- Review and print the label to be affixed to your package.
Click here to walk through the shipping process step-by-step.
Drop off Your Package or Schedule a Pickup
Is your package ready to go to UPS®?
- Bring your package to any UPS drop-off location. These include: The UPS Store® locations, UPS Access Point® locations, UPS Drop Boxes, UPS Customer Centres, and Authorized Shipping Outlets. Find a location near you.
Tip – Download the UPS Mobile App to find UPS locations.
- If you’re looking for a convenient pickup solution, schedule a UPS On-Call Pickup®. Click here or call 1-800-PICK-UPS®.
- If your package did not arrive as expected, process a claim online at https://wwwapps.ups.com/webClaims/create?loc=en_CA
Understanding Your Bill
It’s our goal to make it easy for you to navigate and understand your UPS® bill.
Each section of your bill contains important information, including a complete breakdown of your shipment, quoted rates and adjustments, and other charges for easy reference.
Click here to view the guide to reading your bill.
When you become a UPS® customer, you are automatically enrolled in the UPS Billing Centre — a single online interface where you can:
- Receive automatic notifications of new UPS bills
- Pay UPS bills electronically
- Analyze UPS billing data
- Dispute charges
- Consolidate all records related to UPS billing
Log in with your My UPS ID
Integrating UPS Technology
Boost customer satisfaction while containing costs by integrating UPS® software into your company’s website and/or internal systems.
- The UPS Developer Kit – A collection of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) lets you integrate UPS technology to your website and/or internal systems, giving your customers direct access to UPS rates, tracking applications, time in transit calculators, location and pickup information, and more – providing the visibility and flexibility they need.
Automated Shipping Solutions
- UPS® Internet Shipping – Simply create labels, schedule pickups, send email notifications, and pay online, all from a single interface. To create a shipment, click here.
- UPS CampusShip™ – Centralized control for companies looking to monitor and manage shipping by multiple employees, across multiple locations.
- WorldShip® – A comprehensive automated global solution for high-volume shipping needs.
UPS My Choice®
Online shoppers demand flexible delivery options with more visibility. With UPS My Choice proactive delivery alerts, your customers get the most up-to-date information about their orders by voice, text or email. They can also make changes on the go via mobile device or the web to:
- choose another date of delivery
- set their vacation schedule
- choose a more convenient delivery location
UPS® tracking technology gives you and your customers complete visibility over your shipments every step of the way.
- Tracking on ups.com – Enter your package’s unique tracking number to view the status of the shipment.
Tip – Download the UPS Mobile App to track your package on the go.
- Quantum View Notify® – Set up proactive email notifications for you and your customers, providing shipment updates to reduce inquiries and boost customer satisfaction.
- Quantum View® Manage – Download complete inbound and outbound shipping information based on your UPS Account Number. Create tracking reports to see the information that is most important to you.
Returns (Reverse Logistics)
Build loyalty and repeat business by offering customers easy, hassle-free returns.
- UPS Returns® – Provide your customer with a return label in an outbound package, electronically, or request that UPS® send it directly to your customer in the mail.
- UPS Returns® Plus – Have a UPS service provider collect the item to be returned directly from your customer. No need for your customer to create a return label or schedule a pickup.
- UPS Returns® Exchange – Have a UPS service provider deliver a replacement item and collect a similar item to be returned using the same packaging. No need for your customer to create a return label or schedule a pickup.
Tip – If you need to process an international return, use UPS Import Control℠.
- UPS Paperless® Invoice – Send your Commercial Invoice electronically with ease. Electronic NAFTA Certificate of Origin is also available for shipments between Canada and the U.S., giving you preferential duty treatment. No software is required.
- Customs Brokerage – Allow UPS® to act as your customs broker to facilitate the flow of international goods by accurately reporting to customs and paying duties and taxes on your behalf.
- UPS TradeAbility® – Learn more about international trade compliance, find tariff codes for your items, and calculate landing costs including duties, taxes, and transportation charges specific to your shipment.
Show your commitment to sustainability with these UPS® products:
- UPS carbon neutral – We will mitigate the impact of your shipment with carbon (CO₂) offsets. Tick the "Offset the climate impact of this shipment" box when you ship – your labels will also feature the UPS carbon neutral logo.
- Eco Responsible Packaging Program – Is your company committed to using sustainable packaging? Have UPS evaluate your shipping materials and you could use our special logo on your packages.
With UPS Mobile™, you can ship and track from your smartphone or mobile device. You can also monitor important shipping information, get rate quotes and find UPS locations on the go!
Download the UPS Mobile App to your smartphone.