The Keys to UPS
Here's everything you need to get started.
Just follow these simple steps to send your package on its way to a successful delivery:
- Choose the best shipping option for your delivery needs
- Prepare your package for shipping
- Prepare your shipping documents
- Schedule a pickup online or through our customer service centre
- Hand your package and shipping documents to your UPS driver
- Track your shipment to its destination online
Good packaging can help to ensure that your shipment arrives on time and in good condition. Here are some useful tips to help you with packing:
- Use new boxes instead of used boxes. Choose strong, corrugated boxes that will hold up. You can use your own or order from UPS.
- Use appropriate protective materials for your product (bubble wrap or loose-fill materials). Contents should not touch sides of box or move about inside packed carton.
- Seal the openings and seams of the boxes with pressure-sensitive plastic or nylon-reinforced tape, minimum 5.08 cm or 2 inches wide.
- Label packages with complete shipping information to help ensure delivery to the right location.
You may order UPS packing supplies here or call our UPS Customer Service Centre at 0800-365-868
At UPS, we understand that every customer is different. That is why we provide a wide range of Express services to help you meet your customers' unique needs. Choose between:
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus® — Guaranteed early morning delivery by 8:00 am or 8:30 am to major cities in the U.S., 8:30 am to Canada and 9:00 am to major Asian cities, over 4,000 U.S. cities and major business centres in Europe.
- UPS Worldwide Express® — Guaranteed time-definite delivery by 10:30 am, 12:00 noon, 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm internationally.
- UPS Worldwide Express Freight — Guaranteed service for time-sensitive and heavy shipments over 150 pounds by end-of-day, within 1-3 business days, depending on destinations.
- UPS Worldwide Express Saver® — Guaranteed delivery by end of the day, to over 220 countries and territories worldwide.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited® — Delivery in as little as 3 business days within Asia to major business centres in Europe, and North and South America.
Creating a Shipment
While preparing your package, please take the following steps:
- Measure and weigh your package
- Determine the service to use, and who will pay the shipping charges
- Create a label with UPS Shipping Technology. You can generate your label with UPS Internet Shipping or using UPS WorldShip® software
- Schedule a collection online at ups.com/tw or call UPS on 0800-365-868
Your package is almost ready. As you prepare to ship, make use of a range of applications that UPS offers to help you better manage your shipping operations:
- UPS Internet Shipping — A single platform that allows you to create labels, schedule pickups, send email notifications, and make payments online. You can set your shipping preferences by logging into My UPS and selecting the “shipping” tab at the top of the page. Then, select the “set preferences” option in the area on the left. To create a shipment, click here.
- UPS CampusShip® — This tool combines all of UPS Internet Shipping with added centralised control and visibility of all shipping transactions. Ideal for companies looking to monitor and manage shipping by multiple employees, across multiple locations.
- UPS WorldShip® — A comprehensive automated global solution for businesses with high volume needs.
- UPS Developer Kit — Allows you to integrate UPS shipping functionality directly into your website or enterprise system, offering your customers the flexibility to select the shipping option they desire and enable easy tracking of their shipments.
Ship smarter. To ensure you ship successfully and get maximum value on your shipping dollar, consider the following:
- Rates are based on either the actual or dimensional weight of a package, whichever is greater. Use the following formula to calculate the dimensional weight of your package:
- (L x W x H) divided by 5,000 = Dimensional Weight in kg
- L = length in cm, W = width in cm, H = height in cm
- Any package over 32 kg or greater than 152 cm in length may incur an additional handling charge.
- Odd-shaped items, residential shipments and other factors may also incur additional handling charges.
- Restrictions apply to hazardous materials, perishables, alcohol and tobacco.
- UPS automatically protects every shipment up to a certain value, however you have the option to enhance the level of coverage for your shipment using our Declared Value option.
Returns can be tricky. Creating an enjoyable and seamless return experience for your customer is important in building loyalty and repeat business. That is why UPS Returns® provides a range of services to meet you and your customers' return needs:
- UPS Returns® Plus — Allows you to arrange for return shipments with collection service quickly and efficiently.
- Reverse Logistics — Helps you to replace or refund customers' purchases quickly, reducing downtime for your customers' repairs and servicing.
- UPS Returns Technology — Enable your customers to request a return shipping label directly from your website.
Now, you're ready to ship!
Schedule a pickup here or call 0800-365-868.
To schedule regular pickups according to your business needs, contact your Account Executive for more information.
UPS Import Control®
It's not just about exporting. Importing is also an important part of your business and crossing borders requires complex coordination, compliance and paperwork.
The UPS Import Control® service helps you manage the collection, scheduling and billing of shipments from over 100 countries, so that you can keep a tighter rein on your importing process, minimise delays and save costs.
Quantum View® provides visibility to information that helps you and your customers track and manage deliveries, stay updated of your package, air freight and ocean freight shipments as well as customs information.
- Quantum View Notify® — Send and receive email alerts on shipping status. Include customers on your notification list to reduce inquiries and boost customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Quantum View Manage® — A web-accessible information tool to manage inbound and outbound UPS shipments, billing information and import clearance.
- Flex Global View — Get total visibility across multiple modes of transportations and respond to shipment information and critical milestones as they occur.
UPS Visibility ServicesUPS has the most comprehensive set of free tracking and proof of delivery services that allow you to track your shipments in different ways. These include:
- UPS SMS Tracking — Enables you to track shipments wherever you are via your mobile phone.
- UPS Signature Tracking API — Enables you to obtain a digital image of the recipient's signature as instant proof of delivery which puts your customers at ease while speeding up your billing process.
- UPS Tracking API — Gives your customers access to tracking information through your website. This can also be completed via an order or reference number.
- Quantum View® — A comprehensive tracking tool that helps you and your customers track and manage deliveries.
Stay connected while you are on the go.
UPS Mobile and UPS Mobile App for Android allows you to ship and track from your mobile device so you don't have to worry about wasted time or missed opportunities. With UPS Mobile, you can manage your logistics — including cost calculations, shipping and tracking — all from your smartphone or mobile device.
Make payments easier by understanding what information you can expect to find within each section of your delivery service invoice.
- Account Status Summary — The total amount due this period as well as UPS offerings you may be interested in
- Summary of Charges — Specifics regarding charges for the billing period and prior invoices
- Return Portion — The total amount due and return information for payments by check
- Contact Information — Ways to contact UPS about your invoice if you need help
UPS Customer Service Hotline
Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 22:15
Saturday: 08:00 - 17:00
Closed on Sunday and Public Holidays
UPS Technical Support:
00801-855-662 (toll free)
Monday - Friday: 08:30 - 18:30
Saturday: 08:30 - 12:00
Closed on Sunday and Public Holidays
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30